Find a Carpool Partner
How to get started!
- Create a commuter account or and we’ll help you begin sharing the ride to work, school, sporting events, concerts or other destinations in the Twin Cities. Rideshare services are provide by Metro Transit, a service of the Metropolitan Council.
- Contact any match you find.
- If you don’t find a match at first, keep checking back because new potential rideshare partners are added to the list every day.
How to use the online Ridematch Finder
- Click register on the main Ridematch Finder homepage.
- Enter your basic profile information and click save.
- Answer if you currently drive alone to your destination or not and click save.
- Select your employer from the drop down list labeled “Employer” (the location you wish to carpool to), then select your worksite location from the drop down list labeled “Worksite”. Once completed click save. If your employer cannot be found in the “Employer” drop down list, or your worksite location is not listed in the “Worksite” drop down list contact email@example.com to have it added.
- Click “I am not in a SchoolPool” to continue with your account registration.
- Enter your home address, or place you wish to carpool from and click save.
- Verify the addresses are correct in the “From” (starting point) and “To” (ending point) are correct. You can change your staring point and ending point by clicking in the appropriate box and adjusting the information as necessary. Your route will be automatically generated according to Google driving directions. If you change your starting or ending point in the boxes press the “Get Route” button to update your route to the new address. Once finished click “Schedule” on the top of the screen.
- Under schedules you can adjust the days of the weeks and times when you would like to travel between your starting and ending point. Once finished click “Preferences” on the top of the screen.
- Under preferences you can select: if you are willing to drive using the “Willing to Drive” option, how far you are willing to travel out of your way to pick someone up by using the “Search Radius” slide bar, whether or not you want to only ridematch with other people at your company using the “Ridematch” check box, If you only want to ridematch with someone who is your same gender by using the “Gender” check box, and your smoking/non-smoking preferences for ridematches. Once complete press “Save Commute” on the top of the screen.
- You have now successfully completed the Rideshare Account Registration process. To find ridematches click on the “Find Rideshare Matches” on the right side of the screen.
- Your ridematches will appear both in list form and on a map. To contact an individual click on the email icon next to their name. The system will automatically generate an email for you. If you don’t have any matches at this time remember to check back frequently. As more people sign up for rideshare, more people will become available for you to match with.
- If you need additional assistance, please contact Metro Transit Rideshare at 612-373-3333 option 5.