Van-GO! is a regional Vanpool Program sponsored by the Metropolitan Council. Van-GO! Vanpools are made up of 5-15 people commuting to and from work together on a regular basis. Each van has a volunteer driver and back-up driver(s).
How do I qualify for a Van-GO! Vanpool?
- Everyone in the Vanpool must be registered with Metropolitan Transportation Services or Metro Transit Rideshare.
- Van-GO! passengers must live or work in the Twin Cities area.
- All Van-GO! vans must carry a minimum of five passengers including the driver and commute to work an average of three or more days a week.
- Van-GO! routes must not duplicate the Twin Cities Public Transit System. (Regular Route or Light Rail Transit service.)
Who determines the route and schedule?
The poolers do. Each individual Vanpool tailors his/her service to its members home and work locations.
How much does it cost to Vanpool?
Typically monthly Vanpool costs average about $100/month per person. Participants that live or work outside of the following counties: Anoka, Ramsey, Washington, Scott, Carver, Hennepin, and Dakota, may be subject to an additional quarterly fee. Vanpool costs are determined by four primary factors:
- Commute distance traveled
- Size of the van being leased
- The number of passengers sharing the cost (Vanpool expenses include the monthly van lease, gas, parking expenses, and car wash)
- Any subsidy offered by your employer
What are the vans like?
- Mini vans (up to 7 passengers)
- Standard size vans (9 passengers) See Photo
- Full size “extended” vans (12-15 passengers) See Photo - 12 Passenger or 15 Passenger
- Used Vans are often available
- More about leasing a van (links to another page)
For more information about availability of Van-GO! program funds, vanpool formation, ride match assistance, Vanpool Registrations and other rewards, contact: Metropolitan Council / Metropolitan Transportation Services, Randy Rosvold, Program Manager, 651-602-1710 or firstname.lastname@example.org or fax us at 651-602-1739.